“Body is not stiff, MIND IS STIFF”K pattabhi jois
Stretching exercise is a form of physical exercise and most important factor of fitness. It improves the mobility and fixes out tight muscle, which helps to develop more flexibility and range of motion. Without it, the muscle shortens and become tight. That can put at risk for strain and muscle damage.
5 Benefits of stretching exercise
- Flexibility: Flexibility will be increase definitely if stretching exercise is performed properly. A muscle can develop in the body but cannot stretch itself.
It increases the range of motion which helps to improve the body’s daily performance and make you more agile and quicker on your foot
- Injury prevention: Pre and post stretching exercise is most recommended in all fitness programs to minimize the exposure of injury, especially in the knees and ankle. It helps the body to make flexible before workout and cool down after a workout.
Muscle, tendon, ligament and joint structures are flexible. If they are stretched, they gives give a longer range of motion. Without it, will become stiff and limit the range of motion.
- Improve Posture: Tight muscle is the main cause of poor posture. Even it can lead to hunch or slouch.
Stretching exercise lengthens light muscles and keeps the muscle flexible. Stretching the muscle of shoulders, lower back and chest helps keep your back in better alignment and improve posture.
- Increase Energy: Stretching exercise helps to fill fresh oxygen in the body and increase blood flow. It helps mind and body to be more alert by giving you boosts of energy.
- Stress relief: Stretching is the most powerful tool for stress buster. It gives more oxygen to the body and increase blood flow, which helps to relax and sleep better. Simple stretching exercises calm your nervous system and steady mind.
Note: A study has shown an adverse effect of stretching exercise if it is wrongly performed. It can lead to a major health issue. There are many techniques of stretching in general, So individual must practice with consultation from experts.